Don't believe the hype. It's had some bad press but properly opted-in email marketing is still an extremely effective way to get your inbound marketing act in gear, move prospects along the sales funnel and encourage them to buy. Like all things marketing, it's a matter of doing it right.
You could spend absolutely ages building a customer and prospect spreadsheet in Excel and DIY email marketing, updating your data with responders, unsubscribers, buyers and so on yourself, one by one. But it's fraught with risk and eats up time like nobody's business.
Alternatively you could get Chris to build your new website or create your first online presence using ABC, Adobe Business Catalyst, which does it for you while you get on with making money.
Sites built using ABC online design and marketing software includes a CRM database that builds targeted lists automatically. And it lets you send personalised messages in a few clicks, with no fannying around. That's more like it!
- create unlimited campaigns and send as many newsletters as you like
- create a series of messages to drip-feed automatically over time, targeting them in a variety of cool ways
- base lists on past orders, webform responses, forum membership and loads more and go manual if you like, adding individuals by hand
- get great stats about click-through and open rates
- track post-click actions for deeper insights into how punters react to your campaigns
- take your pick of loads of attractive ready-made email templates for professional polish
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Over there...
- It's been a while.
- Key terms 101 - The basics
- Google training... and the alternatives
- Matt Cutts slaps SEOs for link building focus
- What is great graphic design?
- Developing a winning tone of voice for your ebusiness
- Good hosting is worth its weight in gold...
- 10 ways to make life easy for customers and prospects
- Five excellent online marketing resources